Five girls have been killed in a fire in an escape room attraction in Poland.
The teenagers were believed to have been celebrating a birthday at the venue in the city of Koszalin, where users are locked in a room and must answer puzzles and complete tasks to get out.
The girls, aged around 15, were locked in the room and were all killed in the fire.
Police spokesperson Monika Kosiec said their bodies were found after firefighters put out a blaze in a room near the fire but not directly hit by it.
The state news agency said it is believed the girls died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
A 25-year-old man was taken to hospital with burns and could not be immediately questioned by police.
Following the incident police and fire service vehicles were pictured on a residential road near a house with an "escape room" sign outside.
Poland's interior minister Joachim Brudzinski said fire safety controls would be ordered in all escape rooms in Poland, where the adventure games are popular with teenagers.
A day of mourning has been announced to take place in Koszalin. Local media reported that theatre performances and other events were cancelled.
Should you block ads? Adblocker