With 123 goals in 13,763 minutes of UEFA club competition football, Cristiano Ronaldo scores at an average rate of a goal every 111 minutes and 54 seconds.
However, that rate was considerably higher with Real Madrid (85min 11s per goal – 107 goals in 9,115 minutes) than it was with Sporting CP and Manchester United (290min 30s per goal – 16 goals in 4,648 minutes).
• Ronaldo has played against 50 teams in UEFA club competition, scoring against 34. As a Madrid player, he faced 32 sides in Europe, with only four stopping him from finding the net: Barcelona, Dinamo Zagreb, Legia Warszawa and Napoli.
• Ronaldo has scored more UEFA club competition goals (ten) against Juventus, the club he has now joined, than any other side.
• Barcelona have proved the toughest European nut to crack for Ronaldo: he has yet to score in 450 minutes against them – 270 with United and 180 with the Merengues.
• The opponents he has found it easiest to breach are Malmö, with his six goals across 180 UEFA Champions League minutes against the Swedish club constituting a strike every 30 minutes.
• The team Ronaldo has encountered most in Europe are Lyon, whom he has met ten times – 884 minutes in total – scoring four goals.
Who has Ronaldo scored against in UEFA competitions?
• Of Europe's big five footballing nations, Ronaldo has found German club defences most porous, averaging well over a goal a game – 26 strikes in 24 matches. He also struggled with Spanish rearguards in Europe, notching a goal only every 238 minutes against domestic opposition in UEFA competion.
• He has never played before in Italian domestic football, but can be optimistic about his time at Juve having scored against Serie A sides in Europe at a rate of around once every 115 minutes.
• He was well advised to avoid a move to Scotland: Ronaldo is yet to score in 352 minutes of UEFA club action against Scottish sides, by far the longest period that clubs from any country have been able to resist him.
Which nations' clubs has Ronaldo scored against?
|Opponents by nationality||Games||Minutes||Goals||Minutes
Should you block ads? Adblocker